Real Estate Auction
The Silver Hawk Casino in Black Hawk, CO
100 Chase St. at Highway 119 • Blackhawk, CO 80422
Minimum Bid $990,000 –Valued at $2.5 Million
Casino Will ABSOLUTELY SELL Once Minimum Bid is Met!
Don’t Miss this Opportunity to Own this Landmark Casino/Restaurant with Nightclub Potential in Blackhawk, Colorado for a Fraction of It’s Value!
Auction: Live at the Silver Hawk* Friday October 28 @ 1:07 p.m.
*Phone & online bidding available.
Previews: Saturday October 15 & 22 from 11:00 – 2:00 p.m*.
*Call for private showing.
Break into Black Hawk’s BOOMING 24/7 High Stakes Gaming Market!
The historic Silver Hawk Casino offers an extraordinary and unique opportunity to break into the profitable Black Hawk gaming market. There is a huge amount of potential and value-added included for the winner of the Silver Hawk. This facility is ready to be reopened as a popular, successful casino and restaurant. It would also be perfect for a nightclub.
Business in Black Hawk is robust, with room for growth.
Market demand from within the Denver Metropolitan area is strong and growing, and the Silver Hawk’s low cost of entry makes this an exceptional opportunity. Black Hawk generates nearly 2/3 of the state’s total gambling revenues, and there is no better time to cash in on the town’s burgeoning gambling market.
The Silver Hawk is Operational and Well Maintained.
The building is powered with 1200 AMP service with surge suppression If there is a power outage, it’s powerful 350 KW Caterpillar generator provides enough backup energy to run the whole casino for up to 24 hours. The Silver Hawk has power and is up and running even when other casinos in the area may be forced to wait out the power outage. It is also fully fire protected with a Silent Knight fire alarm panel and a recently tested sprinkler system.
With 11,722 total SQ FT on four floors, there are approximately 6,189 SQ FT available for gaming machines and tables. There is a fully equipped restaurant on the third floor, and two full bars with gold mining period décor. The third floor could be converted to additional gaming space if the owner desired.
Location – Location – Location
One of the main advantages to this property is it’s LOCATION: located next to Highway 119 which is the main drag, also known as the Peak to Peak Highway. The town of Black Hawk, which is Colorado’s gambling capital, is just minutes from Denver.
The Silver Hawk Casino is currently one of the Bullwhacker's casino properties. It is in a classic 19th century building, which is a distinctive landmark in Black Hawk and has the inviting Old-West charm that reflects the town’s gold mining heritage. It is clean and move-in ready – bring in your tables, machines and staff, you’ll be ready open your doors for your Grand Opening.
Black Hawk is one of three towns in Colorado where gambling has been legalized. Once a booming gold-mining town, it is a quaint blend of Old West ambiance and Vegas-style gaming set in the beautiful Colorado Rockies. Tourists and Denver residents alike flock to this little mountain town for R & R. Tour groups are bussed in and out every day.
Liberal Gaming Laws
Colorado’s New Liberal Gaming Laws As the new owner of this casino, you will be uniquely positioned to profit from Colorado’s liberal gaming laws. High wager limits, the addition of craps and roulette, and expanded 24/7 hours of operation have helped make Colorado’s casino industry more profitable than ever. Gaming numbers are up, and business in Black Hawk is robust: casino revenue increased by over 14% during the last fiscal year (June 2010 – June 2011)* in spite of the slow economy.
Black Hawk Nightlife
At sundown, the nightlife in Black Hawk really kicks into gear. There is live music and other entertainment at some of the other casinos, which draws the Denver Metro crowd, and the Silver Hawk itself has great potential as a nightclub. If you have a vision and a flair for the entertainment side of the business, this is an excellent opportunity.
When your patrons get hungry, they won’t need to leave: they can dine at your in-house restaurant. For cocktails, there are two full saloon style bars at the Silver Hawk Casino where they can enjoy beer, wine and other drinks.
For patrons who want to enjoy some outdoor adventure, they need only step outside. Black Hawk is surrounded by the Colorado Rocky Mountains and all of the beauty and incomparable recreational opportunities this area has to offer. Springtime brings world-class rafting and kayaking. In the summer and fall, take a leisurely hike through your choice of nature trails or try mountain biking through the Rocky Mountain foothills. In the winter, the Rockies provide some of the finest skiing – both downhill and cross-country – in the world. In all seasons, enjoy the breathtaking natural beauty of Colorado.
So ante up: don’t miss this opportunity to own this historic casino for a fraction of its value!
THE SILVER HAWK AT A GLANCE
FULLY OPERATIONAL & MOVE IN READY!
• Prime HWY 119 location
• 40 Parking Spaces plus adjoining parking available
• .22 acre lot
• 11, 722 square foot building with 4 floors (6,189 previous total gaming area)
• Nightclub potential – a strong competitive advantage in area that needs this venue.
• Restaurant & two full bars
• Dover elevator servicing 3 floors
• 1200 AMP service with surge suppression.
• A 350 KW Caterpillar back up generator with automatic transfer switch.
• Heat is supplied by 3 Burnham gas fired low pressure boilers. 1- 308 BTU, 2- 360BTU.
• Cooling is supplied by a 55 ton Carrier Flotronic chiller which is air cooled.
• Hot water is supplied by a 86 gallon gas fired hot water heater.
• Fire protection includes a Silent Knight fire alarm panel with all pull stations and
fire detectors in working order.
• The building has a complete sprinkler system. Flow tests and back flow tests have just been completed on the system.
• The casino has a Dover elevator that services 3 floors.
• First floor bar includes back bar coolers and a walk in cooler.
• Second floor bar with back bar coolers.
• Third floor kitchen with a walk in freezer and refrigerator.
• 2010 Taxes: $7,857.48
• Surveillance: 2 VCRS that are hooked up, one for playback one for record, a digiplex system, 2 multiplexers.
1 time date generator, 13 live cameras, 7 PTZ’s
• PREVIOUS CASINO SETUP
• 1st Floor: Total Square Footage: 4,376, Net Gaming Area: 1,670 SF
• 2nd Floor: Total Square Footage: 3,348, Net Gaming Area: 2,176 SF
• 3rd Floor: Total Square Footage: 2,343, Net Gaming Area: 1,100 SF
• 4th Floor: Total Square Footage: 1,655 for offices/employees lounge, storage
• Note: under Colorado gaming law, 35% of square footage per floor, or up to 50%
of casino facility may be allocated to gaming.
To get to the Silver Hawk Casino, fly into Denver International Airport and take a 1-hour drive to Silver Hawk Casino, 100 Chase Street, Black Hawk, Colorado 80422.
* Colorado Dept. of Revenue